Queensland's government is considering an advisory group to assist victims in navigating the state's ongoing youth crime issues.
Acting Premier Steven Miles said a consultation process will begin with victims across the state on a framework, terms of reference and how the body will report to government.
Cabinet has agreed in principle to the advisory body after a meeting on Monday, with Police Minister Mark Ryan and Police Commissioner Katarina Carroll set for a first official meeting with representatives on Wednesday.
It comes after the government legislated tougher youth crime laws earlier this year.
More recently, parliament passed laws allowing police watch houses to be used as youth detention centres in extraordinary circumstances until two new detention centres are operational in 2026.
Ongoing concerns about youth crime led victims to protest outside parliament last month.
"Victims need to feel like they have a stronger voice in the policy development process, and I agree with that," Mr Miles said on Wednesday.
"What they said to us was that a committee was most critical and that was the first and most important thing.
"Out of respect for them and what they've said to us, we considered that in detail and have said that we think that is a reasonable request, it's something that could help us to do that job of being better, working better with victims."
The government last week appointed former police officer Jon Rouse as an interim victims' commissioner to advocate on behalf of victims to police, courts and the government.
A decision on a permanent appointment is expected in June.
Mr Ryan is expected to provide an update following Wednesday's meeting.